breaking free

Freedom is that instant between when someone tells you to do something and when you decide how to respond. -Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein

Sunday, March 20, 2005

I was Wrong. Cheaters do Win

As soon as I wrote my previous blog (I Cannot Cheat), I engaged in a game of Risk with Stephen and four of his friends. After four turns, I was obliterated off the world as all of my countries were invaded and my men crushed. How could this happen to the Cynthiana Baptist Winter Risk Champion, you may ask? I’ll tell you how. Those mischievous Mayfieldians like to make treaties and alliances. Since I just wrote my previous blog, I could not join in on all the corrupt dealings that were happening. Because of my unwillingness to cheat, I finished last. Stephen even beat me, and he usually goes kamikaze after 10 minutes of play.
The moral of the story is, if you’re going to cheat A) don’t get caught B) get your buddies to cheat with you, and C) make sure there’s at least one other person who’s not cheating so they can be the ultimate loser.

2 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger studpace said...

Didn't I see some sort of plaque with quotes similar to A) and B) in the Whitaker Household shortly after my 2003 dream season?

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Alecia Whitaker said...

I wouldn't be surprised if Stud "saw" some kinda plaque. After all, he "sees" things in his very own, unique way - as he lives in a constant state of fantasy, especially concerning the 2003 season which he obviously "dreamt" up. Must be rough to be so delusional.

Beege - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! (Or distract them with your feminie wiles - gets 'em every time.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home