breaking free

Freedom is that instant between when someone tells you to do something and when you decide how to respond. -Dr. Jeffrey Borenstein

Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Pics











Hey Guys, I don't have much time, but here are some pics of T-stan. Hopefully more will come soon. I love you all! The spider/kid is my little brother Kerim. The next pic is with me and my first host fam (I get a new one in December). We're in normal clothes b/c we're going to Ashgabat. The third is the first camel I saw and the last pic is with me and my friend Nancy in our Koyneks. I have to wear dresses that long where I am, but soon, I'll be able to wear more western clothes in Lebap.

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Alecia Whitaker said...

Great dress Bobbie Jo! Pleeeeeease bring it home with you so I can try it on. I love and miss you!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Dad-Whit said...

Great to hear from you. That dress is beautiful--blue is also my favorite color and paisly is right out of the '60's and never goes out of style! Hard to get anywhere in a small town without someone asking--Now where is Bobbie Jo? I tell them,then a blank stare(they don't have a clue) so I mention Iran and Afganistan. The stare turns to horror--why did she pick there? As if you had a choice.
Love and miss you and am very proud of you!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Gramma-Whit said...

I was so excited to get your email directing me to your blog--with pictures. I made copies for mamaw and papaw. It is so great to see you in your new environment--camels and all. What an experience! Enjoy every minute of it.

Be careful out there, make good choices, don't drink the water--- you get the picture.

I love you, more, most, always!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Dad-Whit said...

Hey girl-Please name the people in your host family. Which one is the mother, aunt,etc. Mom really wants to know, that is if it ok to do that.
They look just about what I thought they would look. Very attractive with fine features.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home